History

Year
1913 The Wajima Town Council submitted the petition to build a port of refge to the office of Ishikawa Prefecture.
1920 Ishikawa Prefecture implemented research on the Port of Wajima and made a plan to build a breakwater and remove reefs (sunken rocks).
1922 Began the breakwater construction and reef removal
1936 The framework of today’s Port of Wajima was completed
1951 Designated as a port of refuge
1952 Ishikawa Prefecture commissioned the Transportation Research institute to conduct model testing of breakwater placement
1953 A project under national direct control (secondary) and the first construction work of breakwater elongation began
1965 The first construction work of breakwater elongation (183m) was completed
1978 The project under national direct control (secondary) began
1980 The work station, Minato Bridge, was completed
1981 Construction of the fourth breakwater (offshore breakwater) began
1983 Placement of caissons for the fourth breakwater began
1997 The head part of the fourth breakwater (artificial rocks) is complete

Port of Wajima as of 1979

Port of Wajima as of 1979

To the top of the page