”A Port services boat” is …
A boat that directs construction or takes measurements of a breakwater, which prevents waves coming into the port, or of a wharf etc. for ships to get passengers and cargos on and off. It is also equipped to respond and assist when a disaster, such as an earthquake or oil spill, happens.
”Wakana” (Base: Port of Kanazawa)
- 7m long, 4m wide and the gross tonnage is 19 tons
- Maximum speed 30 knot (about 55km/h)
- Engine • Three water jet engines (an engine which takes in water from the bottom of the boat and jets out backward).
- GPS positioning device, radio navigation mobile station, underwater television set, echo sounder and marine satellite phone
”Notokaze” (Base: Port of Nanao)
- 16m long, 4m wide and the gross tonnage is 47 tons.
- Maximum speed 22 knots (about 40km/h)
- GPS positioning device and marine satellite phone